GERMANY

New Adventures from Enidras and Friends

After their adventures in Antibes the three friends get itchy feet again. So they decide to visit their friend “Jelly” the jelly fish in Germany, Hamburg. They swim from Antibes to the Golf of Biscaya through the Channel and then to the North Sea

After a while they see the water mouth of the river “Elbe” and they have to swim again 102 km until Hamburg. In Hamburg "Fräulein Jelly" is waiting for them. She is very excited. She told all her friends about the visit of the Mussel, the Sardine and the Ray and all animals in the river look for them.

“They are coming” cries a little crab and all animals come to welcome the visitors, Eels, zander, smelts, luces and many more. Also the sea-gulls fly over the river and cry loudly. 

After the warm welcome they search a Fish Hotel because after all the adventures and the long way to Hamburg the friends are very tired. They swim to a fish- hotel in the newest part of Hamburg, the “Hafencity”. There are some comfortable hotels in the “Museum harbour”. They find some cosy places under the wooden plank of an old sailing ship.

  

 The next morning they are ready for new impressions. They start with a visit in “Hagenbeck” the famous animal- park. They want to visit their relatives at the Arctic Sea.

 At „Hagenbecks“ they see a lot of strange animals. They have no fins and no scales. They have 4 legs and  a coat. The four shake their

  
heads and wonder. After a walk they see a big white wall. „This is a mountain,“ says the Miss Ray, who is a wise woman. They come nearer


and see a lot of water. „Oh, I think , it`s the Ice-sea, here we will meet our friends the seals, the Penguins and the sea-lion.“ The penguins are very nosey and they come and ask the four friends:“ Where are you from? We haven`t seen you here?“ The mussel tells them, that they are on a long journey through the seas of Europe. And Miss Ray tells them about their adventures. 

The seals and the sea-lion are  comming and they all hear the story. The sea-lion says:“ Oh, how I like to be here and not at the free sea with all the risks.“ “But we like it“ sais Endiras, although he was the smallest. Then the  four friends say „Good-Bye“ and leave the Animal-park.

Again it was late in the evening when they come back to their hotel.


After a late dinner they go to their room between the old  ……They sleep soon. But suddenly they hear a horrible groaning. They wake up and their hearts  beats fast. „What´s that?“ Whipers Miss Ray. „I don´t know?“ answers Fräulein Jelly,“I never heard such a horrible noise.“ Once more they hear the groaning. Carefully they leave their sleeping place. Oh, once more this terrible voice. They swim in the direction, where the noise is comming from. And what do they see…. An octopus who is crying. „What`s wrong with you?“ sais Fräulein Jelly, she has the heart to do it, because he looks a little bit like her.

„Oh, I´ feel so miserable, I`m so down, I want to die!“ says the octopus.

„But why?“asks "Fräulein Jelly". „Oh, it is a long story. You really want to hear it. 

„Yes, we want!“ answer the four.

„Okay, I will tell you: My story begins 600 years ago. I was a young octopus, I love my life, I had a big family and a lot of friends, I was happy and I live to see. Together with my friend we had a lot of adventures. One day I found a message in a bottle. All anger began with this bottle .“ With on of his arms he shows the bottle to the friends. It is an old, dirty bottle,“ my friends and me opened the bottle…“ “ What was in it?“ The friends are very  curious .

„ We found an old  treasure-map of a famous pirat, his name was „Klaus Störtebeker“. He lived in Hamburg and was  killed  after  they captured him.


He was a heroe, but this is another story. I don´t want to  share the treasure with my friends and so I slipped away to seach the treasure. But I never found it and now I`m old, very,very old and I have no friends and no family………and no treasure.“

„Oh, we will help you,“ says Enidras,“Yes,“ says Miss Ray,“ We have the know-how. We  already found some old coins in „Antibes.“

The octopus  think about the suggestion for a long, long time.
Then he says „O,K.“  They look at the map.  After a while Fräulein Jelly says: „ I  think we must swim to the mouth of the river, look here on the map, this is an island. I know it. Because on this Island are tourists in the summer and we like to shock them because they think we can burn them. But only our  relatives can burn, hi,hi!“

„What ist he name of this Island?“ „Helgoland, this is the Island, where Störtebeker had his hiding-place.“ „Lets swim!“



It is a long way to swim from Hamburg to Helgoland. But in the morning they arrive. They are very tired,  but they want to find the treasure. Once more they look on the map. „Look here, here is painted a skull and crossbones. This was the sign of Störtebeker.“ They swim to the point and they see the sign under water on a rock. There is a small corridor between two rocks. With cautions they swim slowly into it. It becomes colder and  darker. „Oh, says Miss Ray,“I don´t feel good!“ „I think, it`s better to return“ means Mr. Mussel. „No!“ answer "Fräulein Jelly", „now we finish this adventure!“ „We don`t find it!“´bubble the octopus.

„We must find it!“answers Fräulein Jelly.“Come on!“ At the end of the corridor is a big wodden dor. It is closed. „What can we do?“ asks Mr. Mussel. „Nothing“ answers Miss Ray, „I want to go home.“ „I thought we are friends, let`s try together!“ says Enidras. „Yes, you are right, we are friends, we try to open it, I count to three and then we  press.“


With a squeak the door opens. And they see …. A lot of sparkeling gold.
The friends cheer and dance . After they chill out a bit., they  swim back to Hamburg with all this gold in possession.

„I want to share with you, because you help me to feel free and to find some new friends, thank you!“ says the old octopus.

„You are wellcome“ answer the fab four.

And when you come to Hamburg, you can see the gold at the roof of the  church- spire of St. Katharinen.

After this adventure the  „fab four“ need some  rest. So they swim  slowly through the small canals called „Fleet“, look at the  shops, and have a look at the „Alster“ another river in Hamburg, which is a big lake in the City Center.

And then the time ends in „Hamburg“!

They swear friendship forever and then they start to new adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment